Working for St John Ambulance
By working for St John Kenya you are contributing your skills and experience to address emergency health issues and help engage Kenyans in improving personal safety. You will also gain the satisfaction that comes from making a real difference in the life of others, work for a leader in the field that pursues best practice in emergency management, and become part of a professional team united by commitment to shared values
As an equal opportunities employer, St John Ambulance Kenya is committed to recruiting the best and brightest staff to help us continue to provide the highest level of service of humanity to all the people living in Kenya, schools, churches, our government, and corporates.
TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT OFFICER – EMBU AND MERU
The organization is a leader in the provision of First Aid training throughout the country. Due to the rising demand for our quality training courses, we seek to recruit suitable personnel that will join the Training Department. The successful candidate will be based in our Embu and Meru offices.
- Conduct classes to the highest standards on a day-to-day basis as per the demand.
- Liaise with training manager to determine training needs, schedule training sessions and safety training based on projected production processes, changes, and other factors.
- Record and maintain a Class Attendance Register during training.
- Ensure that all the necessary class documentation and paperwork is completed at the end of each training session as per the training department’s standard operating procedures.
- Monitor Students performance and response to training.
- Prepare educational material such as module summaries, videos etc.
- Produce monthly reports based on results as per the training department indicators.
- Administer the Standard Client Feedback form at the end of each class and submit the same for policy making monthly.
- Ensure proper utilization and maintenance of training equipment.
- Assist in marketing and publicity of all St. John services, with emphasis on First Aid training, Fire Safety Training, and other Safety Trainings.
- Exhibit determination and discipline in carrying out assignments.
- Prepare adequate and appropriate training material and equipment prior to any training session.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor.
- Bachelor degree in social sciences, Education, or any other relevant degree.
- Skills in First aid, Fire Safety training and Health and Safety Training
- Good Research Skills and ability to do proposal writing and reporting skills.
- Exhibit self-confidence and ability to clearly articulate issues with relevance and impact.
- Computer Proficiency.
- Team player with ability to demonstrate good leadership and inter-personal skills.
- Excellent communication skills with good command of English and Swahili. Knowledge of the existing National Laws and regulations on training.
- Familiarity with traditional and modern job training methods and techniques
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
If you meet the above requirements, please apply, with a cover note and CV stating salary expectation via email only quoting the job title on the email subject to; email@example.com to be received not later than 30th June 2021.
Application details can also be downloaded here: TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT OFFICER EMBU AND MERU
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. St John is an equal opportunity employer.