Working for St John Ambulance
By working for St John Kenya you are contributing your skills and experience to address emergency health issues and help engage Kenyans in improving personal safety. You will also gain the satisfaction that comes from making a real difference in the life of others, work for a leader in the field that pursues best practice in emergency management, and become part of a professional team united by commitment to shared values
As an equal opportunities employer, St John Ambulance Kenya is committed to recruiting the best and brightest staff to help us continue to provide the highest level of service of humanity to all the people living in Kenya, schools, churches, our government, and corporates.
MONITORING AND EVALUATION OFFICER
St John Kenya is a first aid and health charity organization incorporated in Kenya under the St John Ambulance of Kenya Act, Cap. 259 of the Laws of Kenya with mandates to provide emergency medical care, promote charitable works aimed at reducing human suffering and to provide technical reserves to the medical services of the Government among other functions. The Organization is looking for a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer with strong analytical skills and critical thinking abilities.
The M&E Officer will be responsible for specific aspects of data collection, analysis, and knowledge management for First Responder Project funded by Johanniter-Unfall-Hilfe e.V. The Project aims to strengthen capacity of St John Kenya and two other consortium partners for effective first response. Specifically, the project directly assists the three consortium partners to build their technical capacity to respond to small and medium-sized disasters, strengthen their competence in policy dialogue, and strengthen fundraising capacity among others.
The holder of this position will report to the Head of Business Development/Programmes and will work closely with other partners to ensure that relevant data is collected, analysed, and used to inform management, design, and implementation decisions.
- Design and implementation of monitoring and evaluation plans and frameworks
- Conduct regular visits to project sites, as possible, to provide technical assistance and ensure accurate monitoring of project activities.
- Assist in the revision of the project log frame matrix, particularly in the areas of performance indicators and their measurement.
- Ensuring timely production of monthly, quarterly and annual donor reports based on agreed performance indicators for the management team and the donor, as needed and on-time.
- Undertake any other duties as directed by the supervisor.
- Degree in social sciences or related field.
- At least one year of work experience in monitoring and evaluation, data management, data analysis, or similar first responder programming.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to develop relations with local communities, donors, and other partners.
Qualified and interested applicants are invited to send an application letter and a curriculum vitae to email@example.com by 30th January 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.