Working for St John Ambulance
By working for St John Kenya you are contributing your skills and experience to address emergency health issues and help engage Kenyans in improving personal safety. You will also gain the satisfaction that comes from making a real difference in the life of others, work for a leader in the field that pursues best practice in emergency management, and become part of a professional team united by commitment to shared values
As an equal opportunities employer, St John Ambulance Kenya is committed to recruiting the best and brightest staff to help us continue to provide the highest level of service of humanity to all the people living in Kenya, schools, churches, our government, and corporates.
St John Ambulance of Kenya is a first aid and health charity organization incorporated in Kenya under the St John Ambulance of Kenya Act, Cap. 259 of the laws of Kenya with mandates to provide emergency medical care and promote charitable works aimed at reducing human suffering, and to provide technical support to the medical services in the country among other functions. The Organization intends to fill vacant positions of an Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Manager and an Information and Communications Officer to serve at the Headquarters Office.
Qualified and interested applicants are invited to send an application letter and a curriculum vitae quoting the job title on the subject line to email@example.com by 22nd December 2023. Candidates are required to state salary expectations in the application Letter. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Manager.
- BSc in Nursing / Higher Diploma in Nursing (KRN) Preferably Critical Nursing or Clinical Medicine.
- At least 6 years of relevant experience where 2 years should be in management level.
- Strong Experience in Accident Emergency of ICU.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good managerial skills to lead the team successfully.
- Be a significant part in the growth of the company, aligning your goals with those of the organization to drive success.
- Knowledge of medical emergency and evacuation will be an added advantage.
- Ability to work under intense conditions.
- Strategic decision-making skills.
- Problem solving skills.
Information and Communications Technology (ICT) officer
- Bachelor’s degree / Diploma in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Certifications: MCSE, CCNA or any other relevant certification
- Minimum of 3 years proven experience in IT support and system administration
- Familiarity with cybersecurity practices and data protection regulations.
- Strong competency in Networking.
- Familiarity with software platforms including Microsoft 365 (e.g., Power BI) Azure Cloud.
- Strong Communication skills.
- Project management skills.