By working for St John Ambulance Kenya you are contributing your skills and experience to address emergency health issues and help engage Kenyans in improving personal safety. You will also:
- Gain the satisfaction that comes from making a real difference in the life of others.
- Work for a leader in the field that pursues best practice in all areas.
- Become part of a professional and friendly team united by commitment to a cause and shared values
St John Ambulance kenya is committed to recruiting the best and brightest staff to help us continue to provide the highest level of service of humanity to both our government, private and commercial clients.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
1. EMERGENCY MEDICAL TECHNICIAN, NAIROBI
Key duties and responsibilities
- Respond to all Emergency calls in a timely and effective manner.
- Determine the nature and extent of illness or injury and establish priority for required emergency care.
- Provide Pre-hospital care to patients at the scene of incident and in the ambulances within the scope of training.
- Monitor the progress of patients in the ambulances and record vital information on the PCR form
- Ensure the ambulances have the relevant equipment, materials and supplies at all times.
- Ensure proper handing over of patients to Health facilities with proper documentation
- Ensure Safety of ambulance Equipment.
- Creation of awareness and sensitization of St. John Kenya.
- KCSE C+
- Certified EMT1 or EMT 2 qualifications from a reputable Institution
- Minimum of 2 year experience in emergency rescue operations.
- Must be at least 25 years of age.
- Valid First Aid training Certificate
- Good spoken and written communication skills
- Should have good public relations skills, exhibit empathy while handling patients and a very strong sense of responsibility
- Demonstrate ability to make clear judgment and sound decision making skills.
- Good I.T. skills and ability to prepare timely EMS reports.
- Innovative and creative
- Certificate of good conduct
- Be a team player with good interpersonal skills.
- Certificate of good health and must be physically fit.
- Knowledge of St. John and its emergency operations will be an added advantage.
- Consideration will be given to those with certification in related medical or nursing fields.
Please apply via email only to firstname.lastname@example.org, with a cover note and CV stating salary expectation. Only those meeting the above requirements will be considered.
Ref: EMERGENCY MEDICAL TECHNICIAN, Address all applications to:
The Chief Executive Officer
St. John Kenya
P. O. Box 41469 00100
Projects and Activities
Donors and Partners