The Chief Patron of St John in Kenya is His Excellency the President, Hon. Mwai Kibaki, CGH, MP.
St John Kenya is managed by a National Council, which is the governing body of St John in Kenya. The National Council is headed by a Chairman of Council, who is appointed by the Grand Prior.
The Chairman of the National Council is appointed by the Grand Prior on the recommendation of the Council. He exercises direction and administrative and executive control over the affairs of St. John in Kenya. The current chairman of the National Council is Hon. Maj. (Rtd.) Marsden Madoka, EGH, K.St.J.
The Council comprises individuals of good standing drawn from various sectors of the society.
The key organ of the National Council is the National Executive Committee (NEC) which gives day to day management oversight in the running of St John affairs.
Members of the National Executive Council
- Hon. Maj. (Rtd) Marsden Madoka, EGH, K.StJ - National Council Chairman
- Mr. Paul Ndung’u, EBS - Vice National Council Chairman
- Mr. Lazarus A. Kimang’a, SS - Hon. Treasurer
- Mrs. Naima Amir, HSC - Director of Marketing & Fundraising
- Mr. Albert Ruturi - Regional Council Chairman, Nairobi
- Mr. Eliakim M. Masale, MBS. - Chief Commissioner
- Prof. K. M. Bhatt, EBS - Chief Surgeon
- Ms. Georgianna Platt - Member
- Dr. Mohammed F. Chaudhry, OGW - Member
- Dr. Samuel Maingi - Member
- Mr. Thomas Odhiambo, OGW - Member
- Brig. Peter Manyara - Member
- Mrs. Selinah J. Kibogy Kandie - Chief Executive Officer (Secretary and CEO)